Michael Wood is the creator and founding director of the Lone Star Policy Institute. Originally from Midland, Texas, Michael is a lifelong Texan who currently works in Fort Worth. After graduating from New York University, Michael served for four years as an infantry officer in the United States Marine Corps. During this time, Michael deployed to Afghanistan twice, leading platoons in combat in Helmand Province for which he was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, and two Purple Hearts. He currently lives in Fort Worth with his wife Sarah, an attorney, and their three daughters.
HONORS AND memberships
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal with Combat Distinguishing Device
- Purple Heart (twice)
- National Review Institute Regional Fellow (Dallas 2017)
- Political Union and Review at NYU, Founder
- Southern Methodist University – Cox School of Business, Masters of Business Administration 2015
- New York University, Bachelor of Arts, Economics and History, 2008